Last Updated on
Facebook helps businesses reach out to target audiences, increase brand awareness, and interact with potential customers. As a small business owner, you are probably wondering how to start a Facebook marketing campaign for your company.
Launched in February 2004, Facebook is one of the most popular and active social networking platforms today. If estimates are true, the social networking site had around 1.3 billion monthly active users earlier this year, a figure that most other popular social media website could only dream of.
However, questions still remain, with the first one being: Where do I start? Facebook is a huge opportunity for your business, but for starters you should learn how to use it right.
Today we’ll be discussing three best-kept Facebook marketing secrets that you must know.
Post Your Best Content on Fridays
There are a lot of tips out there on when to post content to your Facebook business page.
Although, information varies from source to source, there are select proven best practices to use:
- Small businesses should post to Facebook twice a day, in the morning and in the afternoon, including weekends.
- Post your best content on Fridays. According to recent research on Facebook marketing, the engagement rates tend to be the highest on Fridays.
Being focused on the quality of the content, many small business owners underestimate the importance of posting to Facebook at the right time. Always remember, having great content is good, but posting it when people are most receptive to your postings is priceless.
Make Images Work for You
A good image in your post is worth a thousand words. Depending on the type of your business, it is an excellent opportunity to showcase your services and products, or better yet to share pictures of your facility, office, team, events or your clients’ best experiences with your company or brand.
There are some useful tips on how to use images in your posts properly:
- Encourage your customers to share their experiences and pictures on your page. You should like your follower’s picture and post a simple, thankful comment. Share it with your other followers as well.
- Create your company’s own images and post them to Facebook page. You can control the way your products or services look and encourage customers to add their comments to your pictures.
- Host contests that require your followers to take and share pictures, or to repost existing pictures.
Include pictures in all of your Facebook updates, not just text and links. Remember that the level of engagement for photos over text is much higher.
Ask Questions and Create Contests
Posting great content at the right time will help bring more followers to your Facebook page. But asking questions and creating contests will help increase the level of their engagement. There are multiple ways to ask questions and create contests on Facebook.
- Run a simple contest. More than 25 percent of followers like pages just to participate in contests. Make the prize of your contest something relevant to your business.
- Create a catchy title for your contest. Use the words “win”, “winner”, “promotion” or “contest” to make people interested.
- If you have some followers, some engagement, you can try asking questions. Such posts get twice more comments than posts without questions.
- Promote your contest by creating a Facebook ad. This will help you to reach out to new customers outside your community.
Facebook contests and questions are excellent ways to achieve your goals. Unbelievable, but one Facebook contest can give you the same ROI as hundreds of articles posted, saving your time.
Regardless of the type of business you operate, you should consider using Facebook as the part of your marketing efforts. To that end, you must take advantage of Facebook and convert it to a successful business tool.