Content marketing has been all the rage in the online marketing world lately, and finding that mix of content that will work both on social media, and rank well in Google is a great strategy to ensure your business and message gets in front of as many people as possible.
In the following infographic we explore how using long-tail keywords in your content marketing can be a great way to increase the amount of traffic you’re getting from the search engines quickly, and effectively.
Share this Image On Your Site
How to leverage the Long Tail in Your Marketing?
Businesses depend on people finding their websites, usually through search engines like Google. However, the competition for ranking can be fierce, especially for smaller businesses or startup companies. You can turn this around using long-tail keywords.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 70% of searches are considered “long-tail searches.”
- The fastest growing type of keyword search is a length of eight words.
- The type of search that converts at the highest rate is the four-word search.
What is the long tail all about?
The phrase “long tail” was coined by Chris Anderson, an editor of Wired, who noticed that the bulk of Amazon’s revenues came from a long tail of items, and not a few block-buster items.
The idea behind Long Tail is: rather than focus on optimizing your pages for one or two really popular words, try optimizing for phrases. For example:
Short tail: inbound marketing
Long Tail: internet marketing for lead generation
What are the benefits?
- Better search ranking – the long tail keywords are much easier to rank for because there is a lot less competition.
- More potential sales – People who search by using long tail keywords are far more likely to become buyers because they are searching for something very specific.
- Less Competition = Lower Costs – That’s because when you bid on long-tailed keywords, the cost per click is inevitably lower, since there’s less competition.
So how do I do this?
1. Optimize Your Site for Tons of Keywords –
SEO is an important part of your inbound marketing strategy and you should optimize your site for hundreds if not thousands of keywords, especially long tail key phrases.
Long tail key phrases may drive a low volume of traffic but the combined traffic of all the keywords in the tail portion really matter.
2. Create a lot of content
Sites with the most content also attract the most visitors. eBay.com and Amazon.com are great examples of sites providing a huge variety of content that helps them attract millions of visitors.
3. Grow Your Followers and Fan Base
Part of your strategy should be to gain more followers and fans on various social networks and sites. Share great content with your audience.
4. Invest in a Link Building Strategy
Build relationships, and actively network with similar businesses in your industry.
5. Spread Your Content Around
Be consistent in actively sharing or uploading great content.
Let The Social Savior manage for you…
The Social Savior is a company combining Social Media, Content Marketing and SEO to turn your business into a brand. We build an audience for your business and create great, link worthy content to rapidly increase your search traffic, get more sales and new customers. We have packages for all your business needs:
- Social Media Marketing – Setup and ongoing management of your social media channels. The core of our offering.
- Social & Content Marketing – Highly researched, search engine optimized content marketing. Get more traffic.
- Social & Content Marketing Plus – For those industries with very specific content requirements. Plus unlimited editing.
- Social, Content & Strategic SEO – Strategic SEO to rank you for your business specific keywords. Get targeted traffic.